Keeping in mind the interest of the IT professionals & computer users CSI works towards making the profession an area of choice amongst all sections of the society. The promotion of Information Technology as a profession is the top priority of CSI today. To fulfill this objective, the CSI regularly organizes conferences, conventions, lectures, projects, awards. And at the same time it also ensures that regular training and skill updating are organized for the IT professionals. Education Directorate, CSI helps physically challenged citizens by providing training ‘Punarjani’. CSI also works towards a global approach, by seeking out alliances with organizations overseas that may be willing to come forward and participate in such activities. CSI also helps governments in formulating IT strategy & planning.
Benefits for CSI Members: Knowledge Sharing and Networking
Being a CSI member one can avail the opportunities like:
- Opportunity to participate in the international, national, regional and chapter events of CSI such as conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, technical talks, free lectures on latest technological advancements in IT at discounted rates between 10%-50%.
- Other important Chapter activities which offers a platform for networking with distinguished industry leaders, scientists, academicians includes
- Opportunity to offer workshops/ trainings in collaboration with CSI.
- Join Special Interest Group (SIG) for research, promotion, and dissemination activities for selected domains, both established and emerging.
- Opportunity to deliver guest lecturers in educational institutes associated to CSI across India. .Right to vote in CSI elections.
- Opportunity to become part of CSI management Committee at Chapter, Regional and National levels subject to the eligibility criteria.
Academic Year 2021 – 22:
- No. of Students Enrolled: 129
- No. of Faculty registered: 11
Student Branch Counselor: Dr S. Jumlesha, Professor, Department of CSE.
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The strength of ISTE is the strong base it has in technical education institutions in the country.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
Benefits of ISTE Membership:
- Professional Refinement Programmers for faculty members of AICTE approved Technical Institutions sponsored by AICTE.
- Premier Agency operating MHRD, AICTE, MIT and International Projects.
- Reputed source for Information Dissemination through publications, seminars, workshops in Technical Education.
- Major Consultant for Educational Management, Institution Building, Career and Personality development of teachers and students respectively.
- Professional Society giving over more than 70 National and Regional Awards to Institutions, Teachers and Students for innovation and excellence in various areas of Engineering and Technology. .
- Preparation and Publication of Learning Materials and CDs in Electronics and Computers for Degree/Diploma Level Students.
- Learning Project for Working Professionals.
Academic Year 2021 – 22:
- No. of Students Enrolled: 108 (CSE – 83, ECE – 25)
- No. of CSE Faculty registered: 7
Convener: Dr. K Navaz, Professor, Department of CSE.
When it comes to the overall development of students, Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences has established LOCAL CHAPTER of NPTEL in association with IIT Madras on 13-07-2017. Local Chapter is an initiative taken by the project NPTEL, to encourage students across the country and ensure that online education reaches everybody.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a project funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), provides e-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Management and Humanities. This is a joint initiative by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore. Other selected premier institutions also act as Associate Partner Institutions.
AITS, Tirupati being a ‘Local Chapter of NPTEL’ appeal students to take the benefits of this initiative through E-Learning. More than 157 Online Courses have been announced for the students and staff each and every semester.
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935. It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a membership of more than 820 thousand, and serving the nation for more than 9 decades. The IEI has its headquarters located in Kolkata with national presence through more than hundred Centres.
Ever since its inception, IEI has been the forerunner in setting up national standards for promoting the country’s industrial base which culminated on the formation of the Indian Standard Institution (ISI), now called as Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). IEI, in collaboration with Springer, regularly publishes peer-reviewed international journal in five series, covering fifteen engineering disciplines.
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India’s leading recognised professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. The IETE is the National Apex Professional body of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and IT Professionals. It serves more than 1,25,000 members (including Corporate, Student and ISF members) through various 64 Centres, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy. Government of India has recognized IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
The IETE focuses on advancement of the Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication, Computers, Information Technology and related areas. Towards this end the Institution promotes and conducts basic engineering and continuing technical education programmes for human resource development.
The Inauguration of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Students’ Forum (ISF), AITS, Tirupati was held on 15th March 2017 in a befitting manner in the College at Tirupati.
Dr. T. Rajendra Prasad, Senior Engineer (NARL) & honorary secretary, IETE Tirupati Centre was the Chief Guest. Other dignatories present at the inaugural function were – Dr. C. Nadhamuni Reddy, Principal, Prof. P Sathyanarayana, ECE, Ms Irala Suneetha, HOD of ECE, AITS many other senior faculty members of the ECE department also made their presence.
The event commenced with a prayer song. A note of welcome was presented by final year students of ECE. The Office bearers were introduced thereafter. The Chief Guest, Dr. T. Rajendra Prasad, honorary secretary, IETE Tirupati Centre inaugurated the Forum by lighting the traditional lamp and delivered an address. In his address, he appreciated the efforts of Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Tirupati on this occasion and conveyed the importance of forming such forums and the benefits that students can obtain out of them. He brought to light the objectives of IETE and benefits of IETE Students Forum and advised the students to utilise the resources. He also explained about IETE Student’s Forums in India and their competencies and activities carried out. IETE opens resources for learning; motivation required for today’s technocrats and creates know-how of developments in the chosen fields of Engineering.
- To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
- To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
- To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
- Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
- ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.