When it comes to the overall development of students, Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences has established LOCAL CHAPTER of NPTEL in association with IIT Madras on 13-07-2017. Local Chapter is an initiative taken by the project NPTEL, to encourage students across the country and ensure that online education reaches everybody.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a project funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), provides e-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Management and Humanities. This is a joint initiative by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore. Other selected premier institutions also act as Associate Partner Institutions.
AITS, Tirupati being a ‘Local Chapter of NPTEL’ appeal students to take the benefits of this initiative through E-Learning. More than 157 Online Courses have been announced for the students and staff each and every semester.
NPTEL Online Courses (MOOC):
- Duration of the courses is 4, 8 or 12 weeks.
- Each week, there are 6 video lectures (of length 20 to 30 minutes) and attempt 1 online quiz at convenient time.
- It is totally free to enroll, watch video lectures and attempt online quizzes.
- After 2-3 weeks of starting of the course, an option of Registration for Final Exam with the fees of Rs. 1100/1250 will be given. If student is confident enough, he/she can proceed to the Exam Registration. Certificate from organizing IIT/IISc will be given to the successful candidates of the final exam.
- A scholarship is provided to the participants from a Local Chapter. For last two semesters, all the participants from our college received 50% fee waiver cum scholarship in the exam fees. As per the availability of funds by the sponsors, it may be given this time also.
- The difference between NPTEL and other MOOCs like Coursera, edX, Udacity, is that none of the other organizations conduct offline exams. And it is the only reason for not considering their certificate at a professional level. NPTEL has overcome that problem by conducting final exams at different exam centers in almost each metro city.
- Student can learn the subject from the expert faculties of IITs/IISc.
- Student can get certified by NPTEL and IITs/IISc.
- In most of the courses, there is a list of industries that will consider this course certificate. NPTEL also shares the toppers’ list to those industries for recruitment purpose.
- Decide the course of interest.
- Open the site. https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/explorer.
- Login from the right top corner.
- Enter Gmail ID and Password.
- Select ‘All Running Courses’ from the bottom of the page.
- Find interested course from the list. (Use Ctrl+F to search.!)
- Join the course.
- Provide Personal & Educational Details.
- In the question ‘Are you a part of an NPTEL local chapter’, select YES and choose our college.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from NPTEL along with all course related information and course URL.
- Repeat this procedure if you want to take one more course.
- (If you have already enrolled yourself, through edit profile option, make sure that you have selected our college name in the list of Local Chapter)
Current ongoing courses are available at: onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in
Online Certification Courses: July – November 2017 (Tentative)
Online Course Registration
January – April 2017 Course Information
Online Course Registration – Jan – April 2018
Number of Enrollments – 418
Total Number of Registration for Online Certification – 70
Approved Scholarship (Jan – Apr 2018) – 26
Number of candidates in all india topper list:- 3
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935. It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a membership of more than 820 thousand, and serving the nation for more than 9 decades. The IEI has its headquarters located in Kolkata with national presence through more than hundred Centres.
Ever since its inception, IEI has been the forerunner in setting up national standards for promoting the country’s industrial base which culminated on the formation of the Indian Standard Institution (ISI), now called as Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). IEI, in collaboration with Springer, regularly publishes peer-reviewed international journal in five series, covering fifteen engineering disciplines.
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India’s leading recognised professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. The IETE is the National Apex Professional body of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and IT Professionals. It serves more than 1,25,000 members (including Corporate, Student and ISF members) through various 64 Centres, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy. Government of India has recognized IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
The IETE focuses on advancement of the Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication, Computers, Information Technology and related areas. Towards this end the Institution promotes and conducts basic engineering and continuing technical education programmes for human resource development.
The Inauguration of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Students’ Forum (ISF), AITS, Tirupati was held on 15th March 2017 in a befitting manner in the College at Tirupati.
Dr. T. Rajendra Prasad, Senior Engineer (NARL) & honorary secretary, IETE Tirupati Centre was the Chief Guest. Other dignatories present at the inaugural function were – Dr. C. Nadhamuni Reddy, Principal, Prof. P Sathyanarayana, ECE, Ms Irala Suneetha, HOD of ECE, AITS many other senior faculty members of the ECE department also made their presence.
The event commenced with a prayer song. A note of welcome was presented by final year students of ECE. The Office bearers were introduced thereafter. The Chief Guest, Dr. T. Rajendra Prasad, honorary secretary, IETE Tirupati Centre inaugurated the Forum by lighting the traditional lamp and delivered an address. In his address, he appreciated the efforts of Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Tirupati on this occasion and conveyed the importance of forming such forums and the benefits that students can obtain out of them. He brought to light the objectives of IETE and benefits of IETE Students Forum and advised the students to utilise the resources. He also explained about IETE Student’s Forums in India and their competencies and activities carried out. IETE opens resources for learning; motivation required for today’s technocrats and creates know-how of developments in the chosen fields of Engineering.
- To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
- To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
- To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
- Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
- ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.