Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Mission: The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Composition of the IQAC
|Sl. No||Title||Name and Designation||Contact Address||Position|
|1||Chairperson: Head of the Institution||Dr. C. Nadhamuni Reddy, Principal||Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences,
Tirupati – 517 520,
|2||A few senior administrative officers||Dr. P. Muni Krishnaiah, Administrative Officer||AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|3||Mr. K. Venkateswara Rao, System Admin||AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|4||Three to Eight teachers||Dr.I.Suneetha, Head||Department of ECE, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|5||Dr. C. Sasikhala, Head||Department of EEE, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|6||Dr.S.S.Arumugam, Head||Department of CSE, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|7||Mr. K Kumar, Head||Department of ME, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|8||Dr. K. Narasimhulu, Head||Department of CE, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|9||Dr.P.Lavanya, Head||Department of H&S, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|10||Dr. N. Chandrika, Head||Department of MBA, AITS, Tirupathi||Member|
|11||Dr.Y.Hari Prasadha Reddy, Professor||Department of ME, AITS,Tirupati||Member|
|12||One member from the Management||Sri. C Abhishek Reddy, Executive Director||Annamacharya Educational Trust||Member from Management|
|13||One / two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni||Mr. B. Rajasekhar Reddy, System Engineer||Thomson Reuters, Bangalore||Member from Alumni|
|14||Mr. M. Mouli, Student, (14AK1A0541)||B.Tech, IV year, Dept. of CSE, AITS,Tirupati||Member from Student|
|15||Ms.Ravuru Neelavathi, Student (17AK1D2009)||M.Tech., I Year, SE, AITS,Tirupati||Member from Student|
|16||One/two nominees from Employers / Industrialists / stakeholders||Sri. Varanasi Krishna Murthy, Deputy General Manager||Andhra Bank Zonal Office, Tirupati||Member from Industry|
|17||Sri. B. Suryudu, Regional Joint Director||State Board Technical Education, Tirupathi||Member from Employer|
|18||Mr. Raja Ramesh, Parent||Leela Mahal circle, Tirupati||Member from Student Parent|
|19||One of the senior teachers as the coordinator / Director of the IQAC||Dr.S.Kishore, Member Secretary||Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Tirupati.
Ph: +91 9908588567
- Orienting the Engineering program towards Outcome-Based Education
- Design and development of Mentoring System to groom students
- Regular CRT for the final year students to improve the communication and employability skills in the students
- Improving social involvement of the students through NSS unit
- The students are taught with content beyond the syllabus.
- Value-added courses to improve the technical skills of the students