Career options after Engineering – The leading trends
Engineering a great career in itself, having different branches sourcing the requirements that meet the industries of world.
Careers can be of conventional and unconventional nature
- Conventional:- Careers in Civil, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical or Computer Science will have scope of work relating to Engineering like Service Engineer, Quality Engineer and lot more.
- If you find Engineering irresistible then brace yourself. Jobs in any start up or established company, SME’s or MNC’s; can make your career only with your commitment to shape it. MBA is added advantage to basic graduation making you recruitable by creating equilibrium of qualification and managerial skills.
- Leading Trends
- Industrial Optimization is opportunity opener for people who would like to work in production, product designing, and quality assurance.
- Software Engineers are in demand for new softwares/apps creation and increasing cyber security needs, data analysis, IoT for smart factory operations and manufacturing.
- Civil Engineers have chance to work for infrastructure, water management & filtration and real estate.
- Electronics and Electrical Engineers will prospect in automation& robotics, additive manufacturing for integrating the technologies, control system designers etc. in various sectors like defense, medical instrument manufacturing, and aerospace.
- Mechanical Engineers, with the knowledge on Hydraulics and Pneumatics will be able to work in chemical & gasses industries or can pursue career in robotics as it is the bridge between mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering when it comes to final execution of robotic based product.
- Innovation in career based on Engineering can lead you to Engineering Consultant, Entrepreneur, Underwriter, Project expert or Product Innovator.
There are many other branches of Engineering like Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering etc. that are efficiently providing their own set of opportunities. There are opportunities in life that call you and diversions on path to success are never obstacles. The knowledge of Engineering is best exhibited if used realistically in any of the fields.
- Alternatives:- Career options that seem to be alternative can also be exceptional. Your educational qualification allows you to perform better in the jobs that are not only for Engineers. Eg. Film Making, Photography, Content Writing, Author, Event Management, Gaming Business, Sales & Marketing, Recruitment, Faculty, Business Consultation, Blogger or Entrepreneur.
Eg. Rick Limentani – Engineer from Cambridge Turned Filmmaker won IMDb Award. He is also a strategic consultant.
- Eg. Sreemoyee Bhattacharya – Software Engineer from Kolkata always had artistic inclination which she accomplished by creating films, published a book of poems “Life in a Metro”. She graduated in film making while working with TCS UK.
- Enthusiasm can be combined with the education eg. Doing industrial photography, consultancy for Engineering Projects, Event Management for industries or conducting industrial fairs etc.
- The knowledge of Engineering is best exhibited if used realistically in any of the fields. If being creative is what you crave for taking unconventional career options will never hinder your career growth.
Enthusiasm can be combined with the education eg. Doing industrial photography, consultancy for Engineering Projects, Event Management for industries or conducting industrial fairs etc. If being creative is what you crave for taking alternative career options will never hinder your career growth.
You may even have multiple careers one of them can be unorthodox which can delimit your passion for creative vocation.
Indian Economy is fast growing with ample of opportunities for skilled and talented graduates provided they explore the possibilities rather than working traditionally. The Engineering goods exports is 60% of total exports of India, huge opportunities for exports of transport equipment, capital goods, other machinery/equipment and light engineering products such as castings, forgings and fasteners etc..Government Initiative has attracted Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) creating employment opportunities for the fresh graduates.
Give paramount importance to the decision of career selection and along with the work experience focus on polishing skills and acquiring new knowledge is unavoidable. Taking up higher education either is same field of Engineering or in management can be beneficial for those who would like to get into research, academics or specific specialization.